Call for your free consultation: 
Featured   1.09.2024

What Should I Do if My Child Gets Arrested in Wisconsin

How to Protect Your Child After an Arrest for a Criminal Offense

If your child is arrested for a crime, it can feel like the world is shattering right before you. You may wonder how the arrest will affect their future. You may be scared of the consequences they will face as a result of the arrest. No matter what the circumstances of the case you will want to mitigate the damage. The best way to do this is by retaining an experienced attorney.

At Olmr Law Office, we represent juveniles who have been arrested for crimes throughout Ozaukee County, WI. Our attorneys provide dedicated defense for children who have been falsely accused or were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. Contact our office today at (262) 483-7559 to schedule your confidential consultation. 

Protecting Your Child After an Arrest in Wisconsin

As a parent, your primary goal is to protect your child from harm. Unfortunately, in some cases, a child may find themselves in legal trouble. If this is the case, the best way to protect them and their rights is by retaining legal counsel. An attorney will help minimize the effect that an arrest has on your child’s future and will work to get the best possible outcome in their case.

Steps to take if your child is arrested for a crime:

  • Get as much information as possible. Do not solely rely on your child to provide information about what happened leading up to the arrest. Collect any evidence that may be helpful to your child’s case. An attorney can assist you by subpoenaing surveillance video and other records.
  • Don’t assume your child’s guilt. An arrest for a crime does not mean that your child committed the crime. Do not jump to any conclusions or make assumptions about the case. Speak to your child directly if conflicts arise between the children or other parents. 
  • Keep detailed records. Always write down the name of anyone you speak to regarding your child’s case. Detailed records may help to prove your child’s case. 
  • Contact an attorney as soon as possible. As soon as possible after your child’s arrest, you will want to consult with an attorney. While juvenile court may seem less daunting compared to adult criminal court, it still comes with real-life consequences. Not having legal representation can hurt your child’s chances of coming out of the ordeal unscathed. 

The important thing to remember is to remain calm. You are your child’s strongest advocate. An arrest for an indiscretion is not out of the ordinary for any kid. Working with your child and an experienced criminal defense attorney can help ensure that they receive a reasonable outcome in their case.

Contact Our Office to Book Your Consultation

Was your child arrested for a crime in Port Washington, Grafton, Cedarburg, or Ozaukee County WI? Contact our office at (262) 483-7559 to schedule a confidential consultation. Our office will thoroughly prepare your child’s case as though it is going to trial. We know the law and will work diligently to help avoid long-term impacts from the case. Call now to get started. 

Share This Story

Share this story and spread the word about the power of relentless defense and the
importance of every individual's freedom.

Bringing Quality Legal Services to You

At Olmr Law Office, we are dedicated to crafting your legal success by combining our empathetic expertise with unwavering commitment, ensuring that justice is accessible and affordable for all.

Call for your free consultation
PO BOX 467, Port Washington,
WI 53074, United States
The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute client relationship.
uploadmagnifiercross linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram